Yamaha 2004 TLRD 60 HP gas coming out of port in side of carb

astampfel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My engine feels like it is running on 2 of my 3 cylinders. While on the river, I used my timing light and all three cylinders were firing. I then looked around the engine and saw a bunch of gasoline coming from a port in the side of my #1 carb! It was a steady stream, and more than a trickle. Any ideas on what it is? I cleaned my carbs about 1 month ago. I don't think that port is supposed to be plugged because there are no threads on it. I didn't notice any gasoline coming from the other carbs. When I go to full throttle, I get no power at all, 3000 RPM and about 8 mph. At idle, it wants to stall really bad. The engine was running fine the 3 times I used it after cleaning the carbs (would start on the first crank). Now it takes a bunch of work to start it.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 2004 TLRD 60 HP gas coming out of port in side of carb

Sounds like you have some trash in the needle and seat or your float is stuck preventing it from closing on #1

astampfel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, I took off my carbs, and they had a little bit of gunk built up, even though I just cleaned them. I guess there must be someting in my fuel tank that is gunking them up. Do you think Sea Foam will help the junk in my gas tank? I pumped some of the fuel out, and it looked OK to me?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Trash in the tank, lines, and even the fuel pump will end up in the carbs if you do not clean/replace them and put some filters inline to catch what you can.

Adding fuel additives will not clean the gunk/trash out of the fuel or tank and lines

robert graham

Admiral

Maybe buy/install the Walmart/Attwood fuel/water seperator type filter($27), easy 2 screw installation on transom, save yourself a lot of water/contaminated/stale fuel problems. Good Luck!:)