1988 yamaha pro 50 water pump replacement help!!

badhuh24

Recruit
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and i am looking for some help. I have a 1988 Yamaha pro 50 that i would like to change the waterpump in, I just bought it and the previous owner said that he just changed it this year but I would like to do it again, just for piece of mind, so I know that it's done. I was reading on here that there is a guy who has great details and pics on doing this project and I am hoping he reads this thread. Anyone who can help, your information will be greatly appreciated...Thanks again Bob

GrayBlue

Cadet
Re: 1988 yamaha pro 50 water pump replacement help!!

Look up repair kit #2 on the yamaha-motor.com parts catalog. You look up parts by model number so have that handy. Water pumps are fairly easy, youtube is a good resource too.

robert graham

Admiral

Check:SIMYamaha-Andy's Tips, for step by step instructions with photos for water pumps and several other repair/maintenance procedures, very helpful information. I believe he's working on a 150HP motor but the basics should be about the same. Order and replace the entire water pump kit, not just the impeller. Good Luck!

badhuh24

Recruit

Thanks for the useful info everyone. I will check out SIMYamaha's Tips and youtube as well..Thanks again....Bob