Fuel Injected yamaha 115 4 stroke bogs down, misses badly above 3800.

dyezback

Recruit
I have a 2000 Fuel Injected 115 (F115tlry) that has developed the symptoms of a blocked screen in the VST discribed on here.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=463816&p=3403669#post3403669

I get about 3500 rpm then if I push it rpm falls to under 2000.
Sounds and feels like fuel starvation.
My question is;
After I get to the VST, remove intake silencer, intake manifold and then remove the vst from the intake manifold. Do I need to replace the filter screen?

The reason I ask this is that I have a Racor 10 micron filter, water seperator feeding the system. Then I have the 10 micron yamaha filter just before the low pressure pump.
The concept of having another screen, 10 microns, completely non user serviceable that seems to only block up from a chemical reaction, not filter actions is poor engineering.

Also if the High Pressure pump is a flow thru then the screen does not protect the injectors from contaminates from the High Pressure pump?

The only other source of contamination would be the low pressure pump. Does it make dirt that would contaminate the High Pressure pump or injectors?

If someone thinks it might pump debris into the vst then I will install an additional in line filter between the low pressure pump and the vst.

Is it possible to get the vst out without removing tue manifold?

Comments?

patbalmos

Seaman
Re: Fuel Injected yamaha 115 4 stroke bogs down, misses badly above 3800.

You have to remove the intake manifold to get to the vst. You dont need to buy a new screen just spray the old one out with brake clean and compressed air and clean the tank real well. If this doesent solve your problem your gonna need to send your injectors out to be flow tested and cleaned. You may want to order a new cover gasket for the vst sometimes they tend to degrade or fall apart when you pull the lid off.