Suzuki DT150 stalling in gear

ArrivaDerci

Recruit
I have recently bought an Arriva with a 1989 suzuki Dt150 that was running a bit rough so I brought it to a mechanic for service. Now after three
visits and two mechanics it just stalls when I put it in gear under load. I have played with the idle and the pilot air screws and this has not helped.
Now the warning buzzer is going off which I believe indicates the oiler system or water pump is not working proper. Has anyone had this problem.
Thanks.

passingwindII

Seaman
Re: Suzuki DT150 stalling in gear

is the oil system working? Is the water pump pumping? do you have a pee stream? has the carbs been thoroughly cleaned?

James R

Commander
Re: Suzuki DT150 stalling in gear

Sounds like your mechanics haven't a clue as to what they are doing. Sorry to say there are many who think they know and they don't.
Check list includes compression check on all cylinders. If those are good then it's worth going on. Next check all sparks with a tester. When were the carbs last cleaned, I mean properly. Spray cleaners will do damage and don't do the job at all. Is it pumping water and oil. If in doubt about the oil, hook up a container with 50:1 mix and run on that. Easy check if the alarm is oil related. Disconnect the oil level switch and try that then disconnect the oil flow switch and try that. If the alarm goes away then it is an oil issue.
If it is a water issue then you will probably have a weak tell tale stream. Suzuki's are known for a very strong stream. If it is a water alarm you can disconnect the sensors and see if the alarm goes away.
The most important thing is get a manual.
We will help you if we can.