Suzuki 60 hp cooling problems

subaru

Recruit
Hi everybody.
Every year this time, when water gets weedy, I have cooling problems with my Suzuki 2000- 60 hp. Every time when I pass shallow weedy water at speed 20 mph and faster I get the same problem- the jet of water from cooling system gets weak and engine gets overheated. Then I have to stop the engine and wait until it cools down watching the other boats "miraculously" passing the same weedy area without any problems. Some time I can find a bunch of weeds on the lower gear, sometimes not. I do not get that problem if I'm passing such area at a low speed or when I'm in deep clean water. None of my friend has similar problems with their Hondas, Yamahas, Mercuries. Once I asked my mechanic about the problem, suggesting that may be water pump is not working properly and he said that it is only a weeds problem, because he can see the jet. Why nobody else but me?
Recently I found on the internet that water pump should be changed every other year? Is the true and what should I do with overheating problem.
Thanks in advance.