1996 Suzuki DT150 Temp light/Alarm question

windsoreight

Cadet
I am having an issue with motor I just bought. I can run for about 1 mile and the temp light and alarm will go off. I seem to have good water flow. The heads are hot but I can touch them, they don't feel too hot. I ordered a new waterpump, thermostats, and temp sensors. My worry is oil flow. Is there any sure way to know if it is getting enough oil?

N2Boating

Banned
Re: 1996 Suzuki DT150 Temp light/Alarm question

One way is the run some gas in your tank at a 50:1 mixture and mark your oil tank on the engine w/a marker while the engine is in a level trim position. Then run the engine for a little while and if the oil level drops below your mark then you know it's using oil.

This is the easiest way that I know of of other than checking the oil pump for oil flow. That would require you to get the service manual because you will also need to know how to bleed out the oil lines once this proceedure has been done.

Good Luck,

N2Boating

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1996 Suzuki DT150 Temp light/Alarm question

The magic words Get a service manual for your motor( not some other motor) and service the oil system along with the other systems.
They all need to be cleaned up during their life span and doing it like the manual states for your motor is the best way