2002 F50 Yamaha 1600 rpm POP

overthere

Cadet
Engine runs good at idle once warmed up. Going down the canal it has a pop at 14 to 18 rpms will stop for about a min the start again. Once I get out and up to speed slight hesitation out of the hole. If I come up on the throttle slow it will work right past the hesitation. All happens under 2600 rpms been like this for two seasons replaced filters synced carbs cleaned carbs replaced fuel pump fuel lines all gaskets in fuel system same symptom.

Any ideas sounds like a lean pop sync gauge drops on one carb when the pop happens.

overthere

Cadet
Re: 2002 F50 Yamaha 1600 rpm POP

Been a while but I cleaned the carbs and its been running better for the last couple of years. Still have a pop or almost a miss at about 13 to 1800 rpms. I took that carb off three or four times to mke sure I didn't miss anything and it looks clean. Never took out the low end needles not sure If I want to either. This miss was the only problem till about the middle of the season then athight end rpms it would bog down on me for a second then bounce back. I know the timing is fixed but put a timing light on it anyway at 1300 rpms its all over the place which explains the rough running and pop or miss under load.......what's your thoughts? Carbs are syncd eliminated all water sepeators ad hooked tak directly to fuel pump for test same problemss. Think I missed something in these carbs floats not adjusted right? Decarbed the motor also.