i lost the plastic main jet plug on my bosses 1995 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke... HELP !!!

hypersniper

Banned
as the title says i lost the main jet plug on my bosses 1995 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke outboard when i was blowing it out with my compressor. i already ordered a new one from iboats but it wont be shipped till the 28th and he needs the motor for his pontoon boat on the 31st for a party. i placed the order with iboats on the 16th of july and am quite disapointed that they wont have it and ship it till the 28th. this may seem like a moronic question but how important is that stupid little piece of plastic anyways.? what is its purpose ? anybody have an extra laying around they can overnight to me and i will pay all costs and even give you the brandy new one when i get it...... im reaching out here..... HELP !!!!!!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: i lost the plastic main jet plug on my bosses 1995 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke... HELP !!

Why not go to the local Yamaha dealer and buy one.

It limits the amount of fuel to a certain amount at higher RPM as without it the main and the pilot jet will suck fuel from the bowl. At least that is what it looks like on my C40

hypersniper

Banned
Re: i lost the plastic main jet plug on my bosses 1995 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke... HELP !!

yeah that was such a bonehead move on my part. i even knew it was there and forgot to take it out and put *** aside. im gonna call around tomorrow and see if i can find one.