Suzuki DF 200 wont start

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice
As I prepared to tie up to the dock at the ramp the other day, my engine shut off and would not restart. I tryed all the troubleshooting tricks that I have learned during the 1700 plus hours that I have put on this engine. It will turn over and start for about a half a second then quit.
I have changed the batteries, filters, and the tank is full. I have never had this kind of issue before. There is no water at all in the gas and it is very clean and fresh fuel.
there is no blockage in the fuel or vent lines either. The new batteries are fully charged and no fuses are blown. No flashing lights on the gauges either to give me a code.
Any ideas???? thank you!

passingwindII

Seaman
Re: Suzuki DF 200 wont start

just had issues with a yamaha. started fine in warm up when it went to idle it stalled. turned out dirty jets . clean them carbs.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Check to see if you are loosing spark to the plugs or if there is a fuel issue.
Key switch or kill switch could be going bad or a wiring short if spark is going away

clanton

Rear Admiral

What year engine?. You could check the white wire from engine to battery.

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice

What year engine?. You could check the white wire from engine to battery.

its a 2005. The white wire checked out fine...thank you for the help!!! Any other ideas??? I dont understand why it will kick over for a second, then cut out

clanton

Rear Admiral

drain the vapor seperator tank, look for water, and trash. Check fuel pressure low side and high side.

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice

drain the vapor seperator tank, look for water, and trash. Check fuel pressure low side and high side.

will do. By the way...the engine gave no symptoms at all prior to this problem. I had run it on and off all day....no sign of any problem till i hit the dock...oh well, ill get on it
. Thank you Clanton!!

kokkinos

Recruit

check the fuel pressure 80% is the fuel presure valve.