Suzuki DT55 Gauge Wiring Question

Terk91

Cadet
I am in the process of re-working my instrument panel and have some wiring questions. My nephew lost the manual but I do have a photocopy but the wiring diagram is not clear. I would like to connect a couple of gauges to the harness but do not know which wires do what.

I have five wires coming from the Suzuki control, pink, light blue, yellow, gray and black. The pink and light blue are capped. I have a trim gauge that was not connected (engine was replaced by previous owner) and I am not sure if the DT55 has a trim sending unit. I would like to keep the gauge if it could be connected. I would also like to connect another gauge like a water pressure, temp gauge or volt meter if possible. There are three openings in the panel and one of the openings will include the Suzuki multi-function gauge.

Any thoughts on this matter would be most welcome.

Baxter

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki DT55 Gauge Wiring Question

What year motor/control unit do you have?

Terk91

Cadet

I believe it is a '91. Do you have the resources to tell from the model/serial number? I was looking at some other wiring diagrams from different years and the pink and light blue wires appear to be for an external switch for the trim. My switch is in the throttle lever. I do not see a separate four lead harness that would originate from a trim sending unit so I must not have one.

I have two holes to fill in the console and need help deciding how to fill them. The wiring diagram shows some optional gauges but the inputs appear to be just for grounds and lighting (my photocopies are really bad and I can barely read them). I do not see any additional leads that would support such gauges. I guess the additional wiring would have to be installed.

Fabbe2

Seaman Apprentice

Yellow- tach signal
Grey- ignition (+)
Black- ground
Pink and light blue comes from the PTT switch and are used to install a separate PTT switch in your dash.

The wiring for the Suzuki monitor comes directly from the portside of your engine. You need to have a harness connecting the engine and the gauge.

The trim sending unit is optional and located on the starboard clamp bracket. Connector is located under the engine cover, portside.

Your engine is not equipped with a water pressure sensor.
Hope this helps
/Fabbe

Terk91

Cadet

I see that Suzuki makes a water pressure gauge for the DF motors but I do not see one listed for DT's. Can one be adapted? I see kits that look like a couple of lines with a "T" spliced in the middle. Don't know enough about the DT 55 to know if such a hook up is possible.

Thanks,
Baxter