96 Yamaha 250 SW 76 Degree - MISSING

histrung

Recruit
It all started with a persistent sneeze leading to a shutdown. Also, my WOT dropped from 5500 to 5000. So, I cleaned the carbs (varnish in most of the small jets) and the sneeze vanished, but it still misses at all rpm ranges. It misses bad enough at idle speed to shutdown... rpms drop to 400, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it shuts down.

Checked the spark - good on all six cylinders
Checked compression - 115 to 120 on all six cylinders

Fuel is flowing to all carb bowls. I opened up the 3 fuel pumps on the side and the diaphragms are ok, however there are some small tears of the gasket near the bolts that hold the fuel pump to the engine. I plan to replace those - not sure if that will cause it to miss or not, but can't be good.

Low pressure fuel pump seems to be fine. Bulb pumps tight and stays that way.

Checked the screws that allow fuel to enter at the enrichment valves. They were around 3 turns out, adjusted them to 1.5 turns, but still misses.

At this point I think I need instructions to sync and link the carbs/throttles. I disassembled one at a time, so it seems like they linked back into the right place (and visually they are opening /closing the same amount) , but I'm trying to eliminate all possible causes of the miss.

Does anyone have instructions on how to sync and link a 96 250?

Anyone have any thoughts on if the fuel pump issues could be the cause of the miss?

Thanks in advance.