yamaha kicking out of gear???

mickyb

Cadet
Guys this weekend this happened to me 2 times, when I accelerated once I passed 2000 rpms the rpms on one of my engines (Yamaha 85) went up and the boat did not move, its like if the hub of the prop bushing was bad. I put it in neutral and then forward again and same thing happened. I then put it in reverse, then neutral and then forward and all was good to go. This happened only 2 times the same day but in between the 2 times and after that happened I also used the boat and accelerated a few times and it didn't happened again. Another thing I did after that happening was I planed the boat with the 2 engines and pushed that engine to WOT and lowered the rpms on the other engine and it worked fine, so I don't think its the prop bushing. I adjusted the control cable yesterday just to be sure and it didn't happen again. This had never happened.

What can this be? Thanks

robert graham

Admiral
Re: yamaha kicking out of gear???

Make a mark on each prop and hub, go run the motors, then check marks to see if prop has spun.
Good Luck!

mickyb

Cadet
Re: yamaha kicking out of gear???

Robert, I talked to Ken from propgods and he told me "normally if its a spun hub, its spun, you wouldn't be able to get back up on plane". I'm to do what you suggested. I just hope that it isn't the shift rod bending.