Suzuki DF115 shift cable problem

CaptainJohnny

Recruit
This is driving me nuts !! I have a Teleflex 3300 shift cable ,suzuki remote control binacle box,and a 2011 DF115 .I measured the remote box cables at .43 inches and the engine cable end at.51 inches and the shifter still tries to move the **** cable way too far forward and way too far back.the shifter on the engine moves 1/2 an inch to forward and 1/2 an inch to reverse only so the shift cable is jamming due to engine not allowing it to go any further.What gives?I tore the box down and checked and remeasured and took off the side cowling and remeasured .why is the remote box trying to move the shift cable so damn far??????and yes I checked if the shift was in correct slot and throttle was in correct slot on both ends!Throttle works perfect!

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DF115 shift cable problem

I have taken control boxes apart before they are a little tricky. I was a master auto tech for 20 yrs. so don't feel bad. I do have a back up suzuki control box off a 87 75 hp, shoul;d work but double check. I can photo and measure cable length if interested