Suzuki DF115 Spark Plug Question

thjh1127

Recruit
I recently purchased a boat with a 2001 DF115, 280hrs. up to date on all service.

I was running the boat today and the engine began to sputter...sure enough the bottom two plug wires had come off the plugs and needed to be re-connected. on my way back to the dock it happened again but this time only on the third plug down..

Back at the dock I pulled the plugs and they looked ok...not really sure what i'm looking for but why would those wires just pop off like that? Any ideas?

mastercaster

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DF115 Spark Plug Question

I just replaced my sparkplugs on the same motor. The only thing i can think of is it takes a little bit of force to make sure they connect. You should hear a "click sound" when contact is made.

robert graham

Admiral

Your plug caps sound like they're worn out and need replacing...do your spark plugs have those little metal screw-on tips on each one? If those tips came off and got lost, it would cause the caps to fit loose. Put a dab of silicone grease on each plug cap before putting it on so it slides fully on easily.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

also you can crimp termanils a little tighter, but you may want to ohm out plug wires, I think its about 1000 ohms per foot. service manual will have correct info.