Suzuki DT115 3000 rpm rev limit

Maarius

Recruit
Hi!

I bought a 88' Suzuki DT115 last year, who I overhauled!
Worked as it should the whole season last year, and for a month this year, until a few days ago.
I took the boat out for a spin a day it was a bit windy, with good waves to jump on, the engine is mounted on a Glastron CVX-16.
Was playing around in the waves, at very much full throttle.. everything was ok!!
Next day the engine won't run at higher rpm than 3000, there's a rev limiter who does this.. I have the manual and are aware of it.
Only thing I don't know what is causing this!
The impeller was new last year, and are in great condition, has very good water pressure! The coolingwater sensor was new last year.
Oil-level indicator is ok, show on the monitor that it's almost full, (and the tank is).

So what I've tried:
I have tried to plug out the oil-level sensor because in the manual it looks like i can do that to prevent it from put the engine in "rev-limit mode". But there was no difference.
I have cleaned the oil filter/sensor who sits right before the oil-pump, but it looks like this only goes to the monitor to switch on the oil lamp, if problems...?
Because I connected the two wires togheter and the oil lamp came on.. So, since the oil lamp is dark when I still have rev limit problems, I don't think this sensor is the problem.
So to the water-flow sensor.. read out of the manual, this switch will cut connection when the water flow is ok, and connect when there's not water pressure.
So there should just be to unplug it and it can't cause rev-limit?
Did that... no difference, still 3000 limit..
Have tried to unplug the throttle-position sensor, cause i read on another forum that this could mess up rpm.. no difference.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?
I don't know what to do next !

Suggestions are appreciated !:)

Skeeter#2

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT115 3000 rpm rev limit

Our DT75 did somewhat the same thing however it was the water sensor. The composite float would last one season. The next when warm to hot the float would sink even with excellent water flow. Suzuki had no answer but to sell a new sensor. After two of them the correct wire unplugged solved it. eventually plugged the wire back in and removed the composite lever and keep a watch on the tell tail. Hope you get the DT115 solved.

Fabbe2

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki DT115 3000 rpm rev limit

Seems like we got some similar problems but with different engines:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=493118

What was different was that my motor runs as usual if you idle and switch it off for about 5 seconds. Than it will go as usual over the 3000rpm. Until there is another wave.

What i was wondering: do you get any signals from the motor? Buzzer? Rev limit light? Mine doesn't show anything.

I'm a lite doubtfully about the waterflow switch, had it disconnected but that didn't solve the problem.
Get you informed if there is news about the motor, or maybe you solved the problem already?