over temp alarm on Yamaha 250B

reef150

Recruit
I have gotten an over temp alarm a couple of times recently after running the boat a while and then sitting with it in idle. This is a 250 "B" which means it is digital throttle / shift and has the Command Link gauges. The temp on the gauges shows right in the middle of the range and the water coming out of the "pee" stream is or less lake surface temp or just a little higher.

If I turn off the motor and turn it back the alarm goes away and has only reoccurred once in a short period (again, at idle - never when running).

Last winter my water pump shredded and the housing melted - and thus were replaced - this issue has started some months after that event. I was suspecting a bad sensor somewhere and at 1st it was happening only on very damp/rainy days, but it occurred again recently on a nice day after pulling the kids on the tube.

Any thoughts on a cause? The motor went into service about 15 months ago so it's under warranty and I am planning on trying to get someone local to me to look at it, but thought I'd see if others have had something similar happen.....