Suzuki DT 150 (2002) Alarm Issue

agdaniel

Recruit
Having problem with DT 150 (2002). Alarm sounds and all visual indicators (oil, rev limit, etc flash once) and most times engine keeps running. Some times though alarm sounds / lights flash and engine cuts out. When this happens, I see engine hour indicator (flashing light) display 2 longs flashes and one short (I have 290 hours on engine). When engine cuts out, it starts again no problem. Problem seems to occur mostly when engine running less than 2500 RPMs.

Water stream is strong. Impeller is relatively new. I have back flushed/back flushed cooling water hoses/passages. I have replaced temp sensors. No luck.

Recently oil flow sensor was leaking, so I replaced and thought that problem may have been related to bad sensor. Still observing problem.

One last observation, which seems strange, is that if running at lower RPM when alarm sounds engine actually surges. Just to make sure I was not imagining this, I have confirmed in neutral. After alarm at 1100 RPMs, engine increases to 1,800 RPMs and then gradually returns to 1,100.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/help.