2000 Yamaha 150 2-stroke / Buzzer issue - need some help please

mikerfl

Cadet
I have a 2000 Yamaha 150 2-stroke and the following has occurred and I need some input please.

Buzzer near key is going off when you turn the key on (even with engine not started / cold) and will not shut off.

-I have unplugged temp sensors in heads and it does nothing.
- Unplugged sensor in oil tank on side of engine and nothing.
- replaced main harness from guages and nothing.
- replaced harness from oil tank in boat to engine and nothing.

When I unplug sensor in oil tank in the boat, the boat runs perfect and the buzzer shuts off. I have to manually (with swich on engine) fill the oil tank on engine every few hours.

- I replaced the sensor in oil tank in boat and nothing changed as well.

If I leave the oil tank in boat connected, unplug the buzzer, the boat only runs to 2000 prm's, unplug the sensor in oil tank in boat and it runs perfect.

Am I missing anything that I could troubleshoot?
Thanks for any input....

mikerfl

Cadet
Re: 2000 Yamaha 150 2-stroke / Buzzer issue - need some help please

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

mikerfl

Cadet

Any comon problems to check, i have no idea how to use ohm meters and stuff like that...

mikerfl

Cadet

Can you just unplug the wires to the temp sensors while the key is on to check and see if they are bad?

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My memory is not what it use to be. I seem to remember something about there being problems with the sensor in the remote tank becoming unglued. It looks like you have already isolated the warning to the remote oil tank. In your first post you said you replaced the oil tank switch. Was it the one on the motor or the one on the remote tank? You also say you unpluged the temp. sensors on the motor and the warn continued. Your problem is in the REMOTE oil tank. I think that problem is not uncommon. FRED

mikerfl

Cadet

The one in the oil tank in the boat is the one I replaced. When I unhook it the boat runs perfect and the buzzer shuts off. I have to use the switch to pump the oil to the tank on the engine then though. I replaced the sensor in the tank in the baot and still have the same problem.

Use this to trouble shoot the oil level float on the engine tank. FYI it is best to include your model number when on the boards.

oil_level_yama.png

mikerfl

Cadet

Would it likely be the computer or main engine wire harness?