95' DT40 Suzuki Won't stay running

Vitamansea

Cadet
I have A DT40 Zuki' that was running perfect, 1 key bump starting. Then one day idling along it died, it would restart but would not stay running. I got home with my girl driving and me pumping the ball constantly keeping it rock hard. Now I have the same prob, fuel right?

So I:

Rebuilt the fuel pump, disassembled and cleaned the carb with cleaner twice. Installed a new primer ball (on the right way) I primed that too. When I take off the hose to the carb fuel pumps out. Once it starts (after pumping the ball till solid) it runs for a few seconds and dies again new diaphram and all gaskets. I have no leaks and it WILL start.

Frustrating dont begin to describe this... Im an auto tech and aircraft mechanic, I can sync carbs (only has one) on bikes and bugs. All this hassle on what appears to be a reed valve 2 stroke carb? I have 130 compression, new plugs, spark for sure, I dont get it...

Anyone?

My last guess is either the feed from the tank or the connector at the engine whick I have no clue how that comes off, its on there tight and in a space you cant get a tool on, fuel flows thru it so I assume its ok.

help?