Small oil leak in a 115 four stroke Suzuki

Jeffe1

Recruit
my engine is a 2005 i just took it in to get looked at because of a very small oil sheen on the water when i lower the engine. i found the very small oil leak where it finds its way out of the cowling but i couldnt find it on the engine. my mechanic has looked at the engine and also found no leak however they found that the spark plugs looked like they were burning hot. He seems to think that I may need to replace the valve stems clean off the valves and the valve seats then do a valve adjustment and the problem should be fixed $2500 later! Anyone think i should just have a valve job done and that might do the trick? Thanks for any advice.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Small oil leak in a 115 four stroke Suzuki

Keep an extra quart of oil in your boat and enjoy it. When the leak gets bad enough, it will let you know where it is coming from. Dont start chasing would be ghost with good $s. FRED

nc dockmaster

Recruit
Re: Small oil leak in a 115 four stroke Suzuki

does it have an oil cooler behind the oil filter? i did a repair to a suzuki 140 and the leak that noone could find . i found it was a o ring behind the oil cooler ,which is behind the oil filter. . pull side cover off and clean oil filter area down then run it and look real good.
hope i found your leak.... O.S. Dockmaster. old saybrook ct