2000 yamaha 115 hp

rtark

Cadet
I am looking at buying this boat with a Yamaha 115 2 stroke. I am puzzeled by the ad which says this:
"2003 G3 Pro 185 boat. 18.5 feet. Has 2000 Yamaha 115 motor. This motor is not the problematic oil injected motor that most 2003 G3's have. Stainless stell prop. Minn Kota trolling motor. Hummingbird 525 fishfinder. This boat is very clean, in excellent condition, and ready to hit the water."
!st of all, I know these engines has the most trouble free oil injection ever. I called him and he has had the rig over 4 yrs. and said he mixes his oil and that it came out before oil injectors. As far as I know all these motors came out with oil injectors. Am I wrong or has someone disconnected the oil inj system. If they have I will let this one go. That engine may even be getting a double dose of oil.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2000 yamaha 115 hp

Without a model # it is hard to tell, but the C motors did not have oil injection like my C40TLRX.
This is why it is best to post model #s on this site.

rtark

Cadet

Without a model # it is hard to tell, but the C motors did not have oil injection like my C40TLRX.
This is why it is best to post model #s on this site.

thats what I need to know. I will get the Mod# tomorrow. If it stsrts with a c Im in business. Thanks

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

My 1985 Yamaha 115 hp two stroke has oil injection. It has the big oil tank mounted in the boat feeding a small tank on the left side of the motor. I did have a problem with the little tank overflowing, which ended up being a $240 oil injection electronic module. By 2000, these motors were absolutely bulletproof.

I don't understand why they're manually mixing the oil, as the Haynes Service Manual didn't indicate no oil injection motors were available.