Need wiring diagram or part number for speed lcd marine meter!

rwerner43

Seaman
I have been on the web for two days trying to find the wiring diagram for this. I have a 2002 OX66 150 and the guy said this would work but there are wires that don't match mine...

Thanks for any help!

IMAG0523.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy photo...

Re: Need wiring diagram or part number for speed lcd marine meter!

See if this helps, you may need to contact your local Yamaha dealer to see if you can get an adapter. Or you my have a standard harness in which case the wires coming to the dash would be different colors say: Grey=Tach(yamaha green) or Purple=12volts(yamaha yellow)

gauge_yama.png

rwerner43

Seaman

IMAG0529.jpg

Here are my wires. What you have helps, but I am not sure it is the same gauge.

I have Black and Blue coming out of one side. I think that is dash lights.

Then I have male Black, Black, Red, Yellow
Which I assume are grounds and Yellow=Ignition Power and Red=Constant Power

Then I have White/Blue, White and Grey females. No idea what those are (temp maybe?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rwerner43

Seaman

IMAG0531.jpg

Better photo of face

speedo.png

Sorry should have caught that you were looking for a Yamaha speedo.
Not sure if this is the right version or not.

rwerner43

Seaman

I appreciate the attempt, but that is not the right one.

I have Blue and black on one set, then 2 blacks white/blue, white, yellow, red, and grey......

rwerner43

Seaman

I still need help with this. Has anyone even seen this guage before?

rwerner43

Seaman

Still don't have an answer. Does anyone even know what color the fuel wires will be. I have a useless gauge on my boat and the Yamaha dealer here has no idea how to look it up.

Still don't have an answer. Does anyone even know what color the fuel wires will be. I have a useless gauge on my boat and the Yamaha dealer here has no idea how to look it up.
Fuel wires are goning to be pink on the boat side.

kam07712

Recruit

The white/blue is fuel tank sensor. The Grey is over-temp and white has something to do with fuel. ground them out and the icon will highlight.

Reel Thing

Cadet

This is a drawing I made up today trying to figure out my fuel gauge.
Sounds like it could help you too.

I'm thinking that my fuel sender might be wired wrong. When I connect the White/Blue wire to ground my gauge reads full. Otherwise it is reading empty.

But it sounds like you have the same gauge I do. Hope the drawing helps.

FuelGaugeWiringDrawing.PNG

kam07712

Recruit

That"s is how I connected everything too. Nice diagram... Do you have a diagram for the tach meter too. the wires are: 1st Plug= Black/ Orange, Brown/ Yellow and Brown/ White. 2nd Plug = Green/ Brown, Black/ Red and Yellow/ Blue. Then there is a Grey and Purple solid wires. Sorry to put this on this thread but not much info on these gauges.

Reel Thing

Cadet

No I don't. I just made that one so that I could visualize it in a non-spaghetti fashion. Once I cut the black wire that was sending power to my fuel level sender all my gauges started woring again. (well except the fuel gauge... I had to run a new ground wire to the sender).
I still have to get back in there next weekend so that I can solder and shrink tube all of my latest connections. I'll take a look at the tach and see what I can come up with.
Also, I still need to update the drawing... A couple places need to be revised. I hope nobody takes it as gospel until then.

kam07712

Recruit

The Grey wire goes to a high temp limit switch. The limit switch connects to ground. The grey wire can split to an audio alarm too. I am an electronic engineer but cant figure the color code on the Tachometer gauge just to power it up. Yamaha doesn't have any info on this either. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Your diagram is very safe and helpful to anyone who has this gauge. I probably can figure out what the white wire does but in my opinion it is like a Dummy Light.