Yamaha Idle Overheat

Sparky0515

Cadet
I apologize ahead of time for the lengthy post. I have a 2003 Yamaha 4stroke F200TXRB that is overheating at low idle. Telltale has solid stream in neutral but lessens when bumped into idle and will eventually sound the alarm after 7-10mins. Water pump was replaced, and thermo's open when put in hot water. Poppit valve was recently replaced however they never thread correctly, always end up cross threaded from which I assume is due to corrosion or plastic vs. metal on the threads. On this model the PCV is next to impossible to work with due to it's location. Also while checking the block, I learned of the internal anodes. 3 of the 4 of them came out fairly easily while one stubborn one is refusing to come out and also has noticeable corrosion around it. I have a former mechanic, unfortunately a pro on 2 strokes not 4, who is stumped as to why this is occuring. Engine is almost always flused with salt away on the hose flush port when I come home, yes I've missed one or two along the way.

Additionally I purchased this boat used and although the former owner is not a boat moron, I cannot attest to the condition I bought it in about 2 yrs ago.

I also have previously have had overheat issues, including a no telltale at all while at sea. Thanks to TowBoat!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am leaning towards blocked passage ways but I am not wanting to pull the heads off if I can help it. I'm still learning how to work on the motor to begin with and the heads arn't just a couple of bolts and off they come.

The motor is only used in salt water, house water pressure for flushing is minimal due being on well system, approximately 425hrs on engine, and stored elevated outside in a field, anodes did not appear heavily corroded.

I will attempt to add pictures as soon as I figure out how.

DSCF0486.jpgDSCF0485.jpgDSCF0488.jpgDSCF0486.jpgDSCF0485.jpgDSCF0488.jpg