2 hp Suzuki 1992 question about water pump????

mettyfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I want to check impeller and can't figure out how to get the lower unit off. I undid the one screw under the cavitation plate and it would'nt seem to pull out. Am I missing something?? thanks for any advice. Mettyfish

suzmech

Recruit
Re: 2 hp Suzuki 1992 question about water pump????

I want to check impeller and can't figure out how to get the lower unit off. I undid the one screw under the cavitation plate and it wouldn't seem to pull out. Am I missing something?? thanks for any advice. Mettyfish
On the 2hp Suzuki the impeller is located behind the propeller. Remove the prop and the two nuts above and below the prop which holds on a plate which covers the impeller. Be careful not to remove the impeller housing just the cover otherwise all the gear oil will drain out.
fig006-dt2-8697.jpg

mettyfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, I was thinking that might be the case when looking at it. Did not want to take it apart without knowing first. Thanks for the help. Mettyfish

mcreed

Recruit

This is my first outboard engine and i was trying to find out how long the engine should run before water starts coming out of the pee hole on a suzuki 150hp. Should it be in the water for best results being that water does come out the prop, or will ear muffs statisfy.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Start your own thread with all your info , as this one has nothing to do with a 150 hp motor