1998 25hp yamaha 2 stroke water pump questions...

bag007

Seaman
hi guys... I have changes a few inpellers befor but this is my first time on this motor... 25MSHX.... Heres my problem... Changes the impellor and put it all back together.... started and pumped water better than ever. However, after about 2 mins... no water... Took lower unit off again... checked everything... took itappart everyting looked ok... put it back together... lower unit reinstalled ..... and off we go again... starts up and pees like before... but again for only about 2 mins.... then nothing....
Strip down again. The only thing i can see is the inner cup that fits in the waterpump housing looked lie it had moved. I checked and it poped out of the housing. .. It appears that this inner cup is spinning with the impellor and thus blocking the water flow... My question is.... is this cup supposed to come out or should it be fixed or glued in the water pump housing... .. from what i can see it appears to be held in place by one metal tongue... CAnybody had this problem of the cup spinning with the impeller??