95 suzuki dt55 impeller change

bl1967

Recruit
last time i did this was in 98 on a 96 dt65 i once owned. just got this boat from my brother who told me last time it was used was in 05.motor starts right up and idles like new. still pumps water strong but i don't like to take chances.can't remember how to do it just like to know procedure to change impeller,thanks

ralphl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 95 suzuki dt55 impeller change

just bumping this up in the hope someone can answer. I have the same engine and will be tackling it this season for the first time. Anyone done it??

last time i did this was in 98 on a 96 dt65 i once owned. just got this boat from my brother who told me last time it was used was in 05.motor starts right up and idles like new. still pumps water strong but i don't like to take chances.can't remember how to do it just like to know procedure to change impeller,thanks

Hi I have the exact same problem ~ can you help ? Have a 1995 DT55 and am looking at changing the impellor. Have got all the gear box bolts loose and the gear box will drop down about half an inch~ but I just cant figure out how or where to disconnect the clutch/gearbox rod that comes down from the engine to the top of the gearbox. Any help would be great ~

Many thanks

Scotty:confused:

Hi I have the exact same problem ~ can you help ? Have a 1995 DT55 and am looking at changing the impellor. Have got all the gear box bolts loose and the gear box will drop down about half an inch~ but I just cant figure out how or where to disconnect the clutch/gearbox rod that comes down from the engine to the top of the gearbox. Any help would be great ~

Many thanks

Scotty