Yamaha 55 HP, charges batttery?

archcityBob

Seaman
Hi,

I have a 1991 Yamaha C55ELRP outboard. Should this have an alternator or generator in it that will charge my battery?

I looked at the Yamaha website. They want $20 to download the owners manual. It's on my list of things to do and buy.

Coincidentally while on their website I was asked to take a survey about how I liked their website. My purpose at the time was to find the gas/oil ratio. Again, it apparently will cost me $20 to find that out. (I bought the owners manual. Mixing ratio is 50:1.
Anyway, I gave them terrible ratings as to the quality, usefulness and convenience of their website. While answering each question I pointed out that all I wanted on that visit was the gas/oil ratio. And they FAILED.

Thanks.

~Bob Edited to correct fuel oil ratio.

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 55 HP, charges batttery?

It would be best to get a service manual if you want lots of info and specs to be able to work on your motor yourself. Most of the newer owner manuals are free to read but not to download.
Electric start motors are equipped with charging.

archcityBob

Seaman
Re: Yamaha 55 HP, charges batttery?

It would be best to get a service manual if you want lots of info and specs to be able to work on your motor yourself. Most of the newer owner manuals are free to read but not to download.
Electric start motors are equipped with charging.
Thanks for the response. Buying the manual is on my list after wheels and trolling motor and before a fish finder. :) I am going to pay for the owners manual. At least then I'll have the basic information available.