Yamaha 150 Dirty Carburetor

polar05

Seaman
Is anyone aware of a carburetor cleaner that can be sprayed through the throttle body to clean low idle jets?

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Yamaha 150 Dirty Carburetor

No way it's gonna happen. To clean carb internals/jets you have to remove/disassemble/clean, re-install and synchronize them. A Yamaha dealer can do it for you. Some pretty good mechanical types do their own. After you get carbs cleaned and set, install a water/fuel separator type filter and use a fuel stabilizer like Stabil or Seafoam all the time. Good idea to drain carb float chambers every now and then. Good Luck!

Guilphp

Recruit

With my opinion about the carburetor cleaner its is good to use for cleaning your carburetor to remove the clogged dirt from passages of the air and fuel inside the carburetor. This type of cleaning of your carburetor to maintain the good idling and quick start of your engine.There are a lot of cases why the engine poor idling because of water mixed in the fuel tank,spark plug,excessive oil mixed from the fuel and so on. But just keep your engine always clean and use WD-40 lubricant to spray the whole engine to protect from the corrosion. Trust me.

polar05

Seaman

Well it looks like I will be removing carburetors and cleaning jets. I have a 05 Polar 19CC Dynasty. What would be the best way to drain fuel from tank? What gasket set will I need? And what carburetor cleaner should I use in cleaning carbs once disassembled.