Suzuki DT 55 Oil sensor advice needed.

fish2day

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1991 DT55 that sat for two years. I removed and cleaned carbs and it ran good until full throttle then it would loose power and beep. I cleaned what I thought was the oil flow sensor and now it runs rough and lacks power. All cylinders are firing but it seem something is not allowing it to run full power.
Will the Oil injection cause this? If so what needs to be replaced? The Oil container or the Sensor?? Any advice appreciated...:confused:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Suzuki DT 55 Oil sensor advice needed.

make sure the compression is still good an all cylinders, before going too deep.

fish2day

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Al compression is good. It ran with full power the first time out, and only beeped at full throttle. When I back down on the throttle it stopped beeping.I returned home and cleaned out the oil injection lines and connections to the sensor, Now it seems as if something has it running on two cylinders, but they are all firing. Is there a sensor that limits the CDI from allowing the engine to run correctly??

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

If compression is good on all cylinders and it is getting good spark on all cylinders at the problem RPM the you are back to fuel/air ratio, or the timing is not advancing. Please do not start multiple threads on same problem.

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you cleaned the oil from the supply lines and then did not run a 50:1 premix in your fuel tank for awhile, you have most likely scuffed your pistons. Oil moves slowly from the pump to the cylinders, the top cylinder will be the worst since it's the longest run from the oil pump. Check your compression.

rs2962

Recruit

Once the oil safe system is activated, be sure to push the red reset button under the cowling. This may be the problem.