1994 Yamaha PRO V115 TTL Starting after 10 Year Nap

Jholmes105

Recruit
I just bought a Ranger 681C that has not been used in 10 years. The boat and motor, Yamaha PRO V 115 TTL, have less than 10 hours total use since 1994. The owner had it winterized and has not used it in over 10 years! So my question is, what would the professionals do to wake this beauty up out of its slumber?

Thanks for the help,

Jeffrey

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 1994 Yamaha PRO V115 TTL Starting after 10 Year Nap

New water pump impeller, new lower gear lube, drain/flush entire fuel system from tank to carbs, check/clean or replace spark plugs, check/clean fuel filters, grease all zerks, fresh gas with Stabil or Seafoam stabilizer, Ringfree all the time. Hopefully she'll crank right up! Good Luck!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1994 Yamaha PRO V115 TTL Starting after 10 Year Nap

10 years is a long time, hopefully it was fogged real well and all the shiny surfaces inside the motor are not rust pitted and the carbs were drained before it was put to bed.
I would do a compression test to make sure the cylinders are sealing well.
I would pull and look/clean the carbs, replace fuel lines, primer bulb, and fuel pumps, any remaining fuel that was left in them will leave residue that will plug the jets and passages as it breaks free when fresh fuel is running through.
Probably has a built in tank and that will be a pain to drain and flush properly, but needs to be done.