Questions about my suzuki 92 25 hp tiller. pull start.

ndthwacker

Cadet
hey all i was just wondering about my boat motor stator or alternator, is it safe for me to hook it up to a 12v battery that is hooked up to a gobee bow mount spotlight that is powered through my nav lights, and my depth finder, and also a radio and rope lights. not all of this stuff will be running at all times mostly the depth finder and radio and only the gobee when driving mostly and the rope light to see at night for short times. or will hooking up this much stuff to my motor harmful to it. also everyhting is goign to be running through a 3 to 10 amp breaker box.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Questions about my suzuki 92 25 hp tiller. pull start.

If it is not electric start it may not even have battery charge capability, you need to check the parts break down to see if it has the stater and voltage regulator and see what amp out put the system has if it is on the motor

ndthwacker

Cadet

I just recently purchased the motor from a guy who had it put in i belive he said he just had it hooked up to his trolling motor and rarely had to charge it only when he used it pretty hard for a day. kinda hard for me to believe that unless he really did not use it much at all. i cant imagine it putting out that much but ill try to Figure out how much output it has.

ndthwacker

Cadet

i looked on the mymotor and cant fnd anyhting that says how much amp out is has but i see it has 20 amp fuse on the line if anyone can tell me how to figure out how much i can hook up to the batterywitout burning m stator up

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

A owners or a service manual should give the needed info.

Normally if you use more than the motor outputs it will draw from the battery and run it down

ndthwacker

Cadet

So if i am understanding you correct it should nat harm my motor any? thank you for the help