1992 25 hp suzuki impeller problems???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndthwacker

Cadet
i just had my impeller on my 92 25 hp suzuki replace and there are a few concerns of mine first is that it only works about 50 percent of the time usually water is barley running out or it almost comes to just a fast drip, then other times it pees great but the steam is never very large. i cant put muffs on it and it will always work but would still like a larger stream is there anything i can do to change that, maby some bigger hoses throught the motor? also when it is not working right i usually can just let is set in the water a halp hour witht he motor off then start it and id starts working good. why is this? my concern is that later in the summer or fall i guess during bow season i am running a muddy river ( i have not had this motor on it yet i only have had it in the missouri river wich is clean and still dose not **** great all th time). if it is not pissing good with clean water i dont think there is any way it will push this muddy water through it, my old 79 15hp johnson handled it great never once did it stop pissing and i swear it was almost running mud through it a few times. what can i do to fix this problem or what could be causing it. and remember i just had it replaced by a dealer. Please help...

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1992 25 hp suzuki impeller problems???

try cleaning it out with compressed air or heavy mono line like for weed eater.
Stuff can and will break loose from inside the water jackets or pieces of the rubber impeller if it came apart before and block the flow from time to time
If it has done this ever since you had it worked on and never had a good strong stream I would take it back to them or al least talk to them about it

ndthwacker

Cadet

i will try this and is it possible to put a bigger hose on it so can push more water beacuse i run some dirt rivers and i need it to be able to push some thick water through it time to time. like i said even when it is pissing good its not good enough for me i just dont think it will push enough water through it.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

my suzuki never liked running on muffs, is always fine in the water

JayP1980

Recruit
My Suzuki only sprays water from the exaust and not the pee hole...is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.