Yamaha F115 abrupt throttle and hesitation

PlatinumIII

Recruit
HI I have an 02 F115 that generally runs ok apart from the throttle control which seems to go from in gear idle to 2500rpm with barely a touch on the control unit. I'm getting used to it but I have to squeeze the lever rather than move it which is nothing like my old 704/60hp 2 stroke unit which was progressive and smooth.
I've replace the old control with a new 6x3 and put new yammi cables on adjusted the tension screw in the control box but although I cured some stiffness with the shift I'm still faced with embarrassing moments at the boat ramp when it sounds like I'm a complete beginner.
Not sure if related but there's also a hesitation around 2000rpm if you throttle up with any speed and an occasional stall when going into reverse from idle (I've noticed other posts with similar issues).
All I can see is that the throttle cam is pretty stiff to move by hand on the engine which can't be helping.

Jeremiah350

Recruit
Re: Yamaha F115 abrupt throttle and hesitation

i would check the sync points on the throttle control and see about getting the throttle valves syncd

PlatinumIII

Recruit
Re: Yamaha F115 abrupt throttle and hesitation

Cheers, any idea how to check the sync points, (syncing the valves sounds like a dealer op).