2002 yamaha ox66 225 tach problems

btbbdavis

Recruit
to keep it simple ive got a 02 ox66 225 after coming back from fiberglass shop I thought I had a short because sometimes the tach would work and sometimes it wouldnt. after trying to figure out where the short is Ive discovered The yellow wire has a 12 volt key source black is grounded blue is 12 volt for light and green is tach all of these are connected and working but the display still has nothing just blank. and yes its the yamaha smart guages that originaly came with the boat.

btbbdavis

Recruit
Re: 2002 yamaha ox66 225 tach problems

:(
to keep it simple ive got a 02 ox66 225 after coming back from fiberglass shop I thought I had a short because sometimes the tach would work and sometimes it wouldnt. after trying to figure out where the short is Ive discovered The yellow wire has a 12 volt key source black is grounded blue is 12 volt for light and green is tach all of these are connected and working but the display still has nothing just blank. and yes its the yamaha smart guages that originaly came with the boat.

And now all I hear are the Crickets and whiperwills !!!!! Does any one have a clue to why its not workin????????????????????????????????

SparkieBoat

Captain

chirp chirp..us crickets are not sure whats up..but the wipperwills said if you have power and a ground wire that test out..maybe the gauge itself is bad

btbbdavis

Recruit

chirp chirp..us crickets are not sure whats up..but the wipperwills said if you have power and a ground wire that test out..maybe the gauge itself is bad

That was my thought too just dont want to spend the 300 bucks if its not does anyone know if the guage will show anything if you have power and some of the functions arent hooked up

SparkieBoat

Captain

I am not sure..but I would think if you power it up it should at least light up...it would be good if you had a good one to test with..maybe if you have a manual it would tell you how to ohm test it.