Yamaha 25SG Will not pump water

Pirate_Valcor

Recruit
I have a 88 Yamaha 25SG that will not pump water, I checked for clogs in the discharge hose and in the lower unit (removed screens) I did not find any I am able to blow/suck air through the discharge tube with no resistence, but when I squirt water with the garden hose in the lower unit water suction opening it the water comes out of the discharge tube, I have used the rubber flusher and it worked before just not now lol, It leads me to believe its an impelar, I am not a Boat motor mechanic, I work on stuff much bigger so the general knowledge of how this motor works is there, I do not have a manuel or parts book so Im just guessing I dont want to start dumping all kinds of money into this motor only to find out hey it was a 20 dolar part lol.
any help yall can give me is greatly appreciated :)
Thankyou in advance

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 25SG Will not pump water

that would be the first thing I would replace, pick up and install a whole water pump kit not just the impeller, it is only a few dollars more.

Pirate_Valcor

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 25SG Will not pump water

that would be the first thing I would replace, pick up and install a whole water pump kit not just the impeller, it is only a few dollars more.

Thank you 99yam40, I am going to order one online today, after I replace it on the will post the outcome.