1999 Suzuki, DF15, no starter, no electric choke

jdlanders

Cadet
Howdy,

My Suzuki is having a small problem, after I put the cables on the battery backwards in the dark (please save jokes until after giving advice.) After this, the starter no longer spins at all, and the electric choke does not work, nor does the horrible buzzing alarm sound when the key is turned without the engine running.

engine still starts and runs like a champ with the pull cord, the key has to be turned on for this to happen, and the key stops the motor when turned to the off position. I have replace the only fuse I can find, under the cover, and in a black rubber sleeve. I can not find a fuse in the control box.

Any ideas on how to fix my problem?

Thanks guys, I got help on this forum with my old 50 hp johnson, hope someone can get me moving in the right direction now.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1999 Suzuki, DF15, no starter, no electric choke

Find the blown fuse, it's there somewhere ... ;)

jdlanders

Cadet

I agree (hope) it is just a fuse, but can't find the dang think.

Anyone have any ideas as to where this fuse could be, I am going to check again today, but have looked twice with no luck.

does anyone know if there is a fuse in the control box that I am missing?

thanks,

JL

James R

Commander

The fuse you are looking for is a 25 amp fuse in an inline fitting. It is wired to the start solenoid with white/red wire.This is the only fuse.

jdlanders

Cadet

you are correct, there is only one fuse, which I had replaced, the reason the starter was not working is because one of the wires in the wire harness had a small whole in the plastic cover which allowed water in and corroded the wire. So, for future reference, once you replace one fuse on one of these, you can stop looking!