Suzuki DT85. Won't start. PLEASE HELP

ians

Recruit
Hi, I am a keen fisherman from New Zealand, but I can't get out on the water at the moment because my Suzuki DT85 won't start.

I hooked it up at home and ran water through the motor and it fired first time and idled perfectly. I then loaded the boat up with my gear, drove 10 minutes to the sea. Launched the boat and turned the key and........nothing. The battery is good, and all the hydraulics and cockpit lights come on when the key is turned, but there is just a small click coming from the motor when the key is turned. The motor doesn't turn over at all.

Please help me! Is there a fuse that may have blown? If one or more spark plugs are not working, will the motor still turn over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

jjacobs007

Lieutenant
Re: Suzuki DT85. Won't start. PLEASE HELP

if you have voltmeter,check batt first,then starter solonoid for power,try jumping over the solonoid to starter bolt see if turns over.be careful dangerous!or try tapping on solonoid while someones turning key.Or possible short wire between ignition and solonoid.make sure has oil if vro controlled, and safety switch is connected.good luck hope you fishin soon

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki DT85. Won't start. PLEASE HELP

Make sure the battery leads are tightly connected to the battery, also make sure the boat is in neutral!