Gauge Wiring Yamaha 150TXRT

SpecialOne

Recruit
I have a 1995 Yamaha 150TXRT.
I recently pulled the motor off of my old boat and I am installing on a new one.
I decided that with a new hull I might as well go with all new gauges and controls.

I am in the middle of rigging all of the gauge and control wiring.
The old boat had digital gauges but I am going with analog.

Here are my questions...

1. The Tachometer, model 6Y7-83540-80-00 , has a male connector with four wires. Of the wires coming out of the male connector is a pink with red stripes. It terminates into a single connector or in otherwords is a pig tail.
What is this wire for?

2. My water temp gauge, model 6Y7-83590-00-00, had a light blue wire that comes out of the main bundle of wires(not the lighting wires). Any idea what this is for?
The yamaha wiring codes show this being for "trim up". I doubt that the water temp gauge has anything to do with the trim...

3. On the motor,the trim plug is a female connector and the male end from the trim/oil harness plugs into it. The motor side only has two wires and the harness as four. I am guessing that somehow the other two wires are for oil?

4. As of now there is one female connector left over that I assume is what would run to the old digital speedometor. I won't have a speedo on the new boat. Is there anything critical in this last plug that I can't do without?

Thanks in advance for any help. If anyone knows where I can get a wiring diagram for these gauges, that would be a big help too since there wasnt one in the boxes...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gauge Wiring Yamaha 150TXRT

cause there isnt a diagram.
if you can post a pic of the guage wires and the engine wiring we can walk you through it.
why oh why would anyone go backwards and rig it with analog?