Suzuki DF9.9 T/TH Power Tilt Problem

Flemingo

Recruit
I have a 4 stroke Suzuki DF9.9T/TH kicker motor. I am having trouble where the power tilt will not raise the motor. I can raise it manually. And now I am not able to start the motor. I can start it manually with the key on, and once I turn the key off the motor shuts off. I replaced the ignition switch - figuring that also powers the power tilt - and it worked for a second and quit. So now I am thinking there is something shorting out the ignition switch. Although when I turn the key on the buzzer sounds and once I push the power tilt up or down switch it stops. When I release the power tilt switch it buzzes a:eek:gain, but nothing happens. Cannot start the motor or use power tilt. Do not know if the motor was charging before all this happened. HELP!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Suzuki DF9.9 T/TH Power Tilt Problem

Howdy.

Welcome to iboats. :)

Those symptoms are commonly a simple matter of corrosion in the power cables from the battery, Flemingo.

Take the battery cables off, both ends, and scour them clean. Before you reattach them, check carefully for weak, corroded places in the cables.

Let us know what you fnd, and good luck. :)

Flemingo

Recruit

It is not corroded battery cables - they still look new. Let me ask this - Can you start the motor and use the power tilt if the voltage regulator is bad or does it all shut down?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Take the cables off and clean the connections, Flemingo. Looks mean nothing when it only takes a fraction of one ohm resistance to shut down starter and T&T.

Flemingo

Recruit

I will clean them and see what happens. I will let you know. Thank you.