1999 df40 suzuki

deezellman

Recruit
hello , i own a 1999 df 40 suzuki and i have no issues except one, during extended periods of idle ,say 20 to 30 mins ,if i shut off it takes 5 to 6 trys to restart, it seems to stumble and kick but wont run. im a mechanic all my life and i have done all maintenance myself including vst filter, plugs, oil, w.p.,hp filter ,primary filter ,bulb ,lines,t-stat, etc and i want to add that it idles perfect runs great but yet i am plagued by this most of the time???also burns no oil or gas 4 that matter so what is it? did a infrared temp check, exactly in range 135 to 138 deg ...what a superb engine except 4 this one gremlin,:( plus no codes either and in the am i just touch the key and shes purrin as usual, if i run hard and idle for 30 sec ,shutdown and restart pops right off ....any clues?? iac valve? i dont like the hit an miss method of troubleshooting but i have no telltales of anything wrong...kinda stumped but never beat... :confused::confused: . any suzuki techs heard of this? honestly i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one but i would love to find out what that is?? thanks paul