suzuki dt25c 1993 wont rev out under load- intermittant

methodman_uk

Recruit
I have a suzuki dt25c 1993, bought off ebay i will be honest its a bit of a dog.

the problem is sometimes it will not fully rev in gear, (is this the limp home mode?)

iv only been on the water twice with it, 1st time it ran ok then did the loss of power thing, i stopped it, switched to back up then tried again and it was fine.

if i take it out of gear it revs like a beast and scares me! but in forward it wont give me the revs i require to impress my kids!

2nd time
was fine for ages, grabbed the kids to show them the new speed of the outboard (upgraded from a 4hp!) then it started doing it.

from what i have read on here, limp home mode keeps coming up.
i dont see a red light, (i see the bulb) but i would not be surprised if its been disconnected.

another point- the tell tale is not pumping, im getting water out the back and its hotish, but not scalding. the guy said the tell tale only pumps when the thermostat is open.

im all for packing it off to the dealer to sort, but i would like to have a go at fixing it, this forum seems to have a good population of experts, im really hoping that someone knows exactly whats wrong and i just missed it in the search.

ps its on premix pump not being used. 50:1
Thanks Guys
Dave- uk

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: suzuki dt25c 1993 wont rev out under load- intermittant

The tell tale should always pump, time to replace impellar and give those carbs a real good clean!

methodman_uk

Recruit
Re: suzuki dt25c 1993 wont rev out under load- intermittant

cool, iv got a spare impellar will give it a shot.
any advice for this job that might save me some tears and blood?