suzuki DT85 wont get past idle

bluegill242

Recruit
Motor comes up to speed for first 5min then will only idle roughly and stalls if you give it throtlle. water pump is working and all lights show green on instrament gage. Motor is 1991 two stroke oil injected with very few hours. One dealer reolaced a sensor to no avail. Any help??

SuzukiJeff

Recruit
Re: suzuki DT85 wont get past idle

I have had same problem with my 1985 DT65... mechanics reset carbs & linkages... no dif... then rebuilt carbs with kit... no dif... $600 later, mechanics now saying that carbs are too corroded and need to be replaced... Suzuki no longer makes or has the carbs...

I am currently looking for a set... any ideas?

rpauti

Cadet

I'm having the same problem with my DT65 suzuki. Cleaned the carbs; changed plugs. checked compression; 120 all 3. Starts good, idles good, revs up with no load great. RUNNING AT BOAT LAUNCH on trailer, i can trim up and put it into gear and rev up to 4000 -5000 rpm no problem and trim down to apply load and it will run fine under load. If I throttle down to 2500 and go back up no problem. If I drop below 2000 it will start to stall and die. IT JUST WON"T JUMP THE HUMP TO GET UP. DRIVING ME CRAZY. My problem started will running 3/4 throttle (just thought man motor is running great) then started bogging down and killed. Started it back up and idled to launch because it would never get up. Just changed throttled sensor to the ic ignition and no help. ANY suggestions would really be helpful. Thanks Rowdy

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't give much advice on the carbs that are corroded. I am assuming that they are pitted? My suggestion with the other two problems is to remove the carbs and do a complete break down. Make sure you keep all the parts with the same carb. Try not to mix them. Also make sure you put the carbs back on the same spot as you removed them. Soak all the parts in some good cleaner for a couple of days. Blow all ports out with high pressure air. Buy new kits. Set all jets to manufacturer's spec. Empty gas tank and start with brand new fuel. I mean completely empty the tank. Flush the fuel lines too before hooking back up to carbs. Let us know what happens. Good Luck.