93' yamaha 150txrp bogs down does not advance past 2500 rpm

dbltrbl

Recruit
Please help i have a 93' Yamaha 150txrp 2 stroke that started having trouble in late may. It started to bog down and would not get up past 4100 rpm it used to jump to 4600 with no lag. i took it in to a mechanic who told me that it was overheating and causing the engine to run in a lock out mode and i needed a new water pump and i should run some barnacle buster through it. i did all that and it ran a little better but still got lag when i gave it throttle. today i was out and had to pull back for a wake. when i went to full throttle again the engine lagged and would not get up past 2500 rpm i shut down let it cool for 15min. it started fine but still would not advance past 2500rpm. There is no excess smoke and it doesn?t sound like its misfiring it still runs ok it does sound bogged down when it gets to 2500rpm at full throttle but it sounds good when I pull back to about 2200rpm the armature that connects to the carb and throttle cable advances to full and rests against the set screws. I had the carb cleaned last year before I put it up for the season and I?ve only used it for about 75 this season. If anyone has any suggestions or needs any more info please post.