Suzuki DT50 1980 Telltale

Alvar

Recruit
Hi.
New on this forum and hoping someone could help me? I have no telltale on my suzuki DT50, and I can't find any hole for it either????? It runs perfect, and shows no heating problems, but I guess there sould be a telltale as on other outboard engines? Please try to explain were to find it.
Thank's in advance

nofun2

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT50 1980 Telltale

I'm assuming you mean to water outlet for the waterpump. I have a
1986 dt55 and if there the same or close, it should be on the right
side ( if your behind the motor ) at the bottom outside edge of the
motor housing. hope that helps bob

deejaycee_2000

Captain

There must be a clear "pee" stream and a sputter from the motor .... see my illustration .... try and fine the hole they are all in the same place and wiggle a thin wire in there, it just could be blocked ....

IMG_7069.jpg

Alvar

Recruit

Thank's both of You. There is no problem with the water from the "sputter", but still can't find any "pee" hole. Strange. I' must try to search again.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

The pee hole is probably just blocked, if you take off the cowling you will see the hose on the inside where the pee hole must be where it is connected, open it up with a thin wire ....

Alvar

Recruit

I have talked with Suzuki and a guy there who has worked abt 40 years with these engines. He said that there is no separat telltale on this model. The water shall come out through the rig hole on the back of the rig. First time I have an engine with this solution.