1996 - 60 HP PRO Yamaha #2

eskychess

Recruit
I believe a carburetor cleaning fixed my earlier problem - but the mechanic said that the engine was noisy. So, I asked him - what that meant and he said I should sell it. Now - he's leaving a lot to my imagination. I'm not happy he said that - For one - I would NEVER sell a motor with a problem to someone who may be unsuspecting. The other thing - is - I have run this motor and it runs quite well. Outside of some dogging for lack of use - it is in excellent shape. I mean, the engine is so clean you could eat off of it. I have heard this noise in the engine - and it's not like some piece is rattling around like ting ting ting. Rather it's a fwap fwap fwap type of noise and it ONLY happens after idling the motor as high as possible in neutral.

So - I guess my question is - am I doomed?? Or is the engine possibly tough enough to handle the problem and although I understand nothing is guaranteed, but should I just go about my business and use the motor as I normally would? I mean, that's what I'm going to do anyway - I'm just wondering if there are any other guys out there with 'noisy' motors where they are just fine.

Thanks again in advance for any help or advice.

Sincerely - Esky the boat motor novice.