1997 yamaha 150 hp oil problems

paulburgoon

Cadet
My motor is oil injected and it is not getting oil. I also ran it the motor with no oil for a little. I had oil in both tanks but the shaft going from the carb. to the oil pump disconnected with out me knowing so it wasn't recieving oil. The motor will still turn over every try, but I am concerned with the possible problems that i have caused due to this. Please let me know what I may be looking at for problems and let me know how to fix the oil problem. Thank You

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 yamaha 150 hp oil problems

on V 2 strokes if the oil rod becomes dissconnected it goes to wide open oiling.
no worries there.
either it came unclipped at the throttle body,unclipped at the oil pump or the oil pump end clip broke.
they sometimes split in half.

paulburgoon

Cadet

It did split in half the clip broke and i know it goes full open but the problem is that the oil is not pumping from the big tank to the small tank on the motor so it went full open and when that oil burned up there was no more oil being pumped into the motor. Thats my main problem what serious problems am i looking at? the motor will turn over and run but now the oil alarm is stuck on. Even though i fixed the clip and filled the oil tank back up.

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

if you are 100% sure that you were not getting oil, the first thing i would do is a compression check!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

once the alarm is triggered there is about 15 minutes worth of oil in the engine tank before its "dry"
did you run it more than 15 minutes with the alarm sounding?
there are NO flow alarms just an engine tank level alarm.
do some forum searching and reading on precision blend.
its an incredibly simple system.

paulburgoon

Cadet

I am going to check the compression this weekend, but I not to worried about the compression. My main concern is to fix the oil problem so that my motor is not being ran with no oil. I put a new clip on the link but do not know who many twist I need to turn the clip to adjust the rpms? Thanks all for your help

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

buy a shop service manual, avalible from any yamaha dealer,you will also need a multimeter sooner or later.