1982 suzuki dt16 hp wont start

superdave13736

Recruit
i have a 1982 suzuki dt16 i bought it and it wouldnt run for the guy when i got it home i have compreshion spark and fule the reed valves are working properly, the spark is blue on both plugs, i have pulled the fly wheel off checked the pick ups for rust they were fine the key way is in good shape for the fly wheel, so im lost on what else to check.
even with using starting fluid sprayed in to the cylinder it wont even fire once please help
Dave

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1982 suzuki dt16 hp wont start

how much compression on each cylinder? How big of a gap will the spark jump?are you using a spark tester?
How do you know you have fuel to the cylinders? Is the fuel fresh? Are the cylinders floodingwith too much fuel?
Check the timing to make sure it is firing at the correct time

superdave13736

Recruit

well i havent done a real compression test on it i know it has a fair amount cause its hard to pull over i know what a motor feals like with low compression but as far as the fuel goes i sprayed starting fluid in the cylinders and pulled it over it should have altest fired once
idk about how far the spark pulgs spark will jump i have the plugs set at .022 and its a good blue spark and its new gass

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

All I can say is to pick up an service manual for your motor and the test equipment to test according to the manual