Suzuki 155 no spark on top cylinder

edmed26

Cadet
Maybe I'm being foolish (again) but I'm looking at a boat with a '97 Suzuki 115 on it. I haven't seen it yet but the boat looks to be in great shape at a great price. The owner says that the engine starts and runs OK, but there is no spark at the top cylinder. I'm thinking coil ($40.00) or at the worst a new power pack ($200.00-300.00). Any thoughts on what else it might be? I hate to get tied up with another project, but...

James R

Commander
Re: Suzuki 155 no spark on top cylinder

If it is a spark problem then it most likely is the coil or wiring or even a bad plug. I would check that it is the spark and not another problem that the owner is covering up.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY.
trust me.

James R

Commander

Having thought some more and noted where this motor is located. This is a motor that has been used in Salt.
I agree with Rodbolt. RUN AWAY!

edmed26

Cadet

Thanks,

that was my inclination too. It just seems like such an easy fix (worst combination of words in the world)

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

If it was a easy fix I think the owner would fix it and sell it as a perfect running motor. You can get a lot more for one running great instead of only missing on one cylinder

josh_2562

Seaman

Why should he run away? I'm just asking? Maybe the guy is broke like most of us now a days. Any way I have a 1995 dt 115 that has a hole in the crank case. The engine ran great till the rod came out the side. So I should have what you need for it. Email me at Josh_2562@yahoo.com if your interested.

James R

Commander

A motor used in salt water is usually a big issue to take apart to fix.
Not worth the aggravation. I will not buy a salt water motor even for parts.

edmed26

Cadet

Thanks all. I took a pass onit without even looking. Kind of hard to find a used fresh water motor when you're on the coast though.