Suzuki DF90 Stalls Out.

waterwarrior

Recruit
I have a 2001 Suzuki df90 that has run great until recently. We were on the local lake and the engine stalled. Would not restart. Had to be towed in :( Now it will start and after 2-3 minutes at idle stalls out and will not restart. After it has set for about 30 minutes it will start only to stall out again. I have changed the filter for the gas water separator with no noted difference. Any suggestions?

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DF90 Stalls Out.

I've thinking your High pressure fuel pump inside the vapor seperator. I've seen alot of cars with bad fuel pumps suffer the same issues. Runs fine for a fuel minutes until the bad pump overheats and quits. Once it cools it works fine for a few more minutes. Inside that vapor seperator is the same Bosch style pump that many cars use. I would hook up a pressure gauge to the fuel rail and check the pressure with a cheap parts store 0-100psi fuel gauge, if the fuel pressure drops off as the engine stalls you know its an issue with the pump. Could also be a fuel pump relay overheating and kicking out.