2001 225 ox66 wiring diagram

73makocenter

Cadet
Might anyone know where (on line), I may find a wiring diagram for my 2001 225 ox66 yamaha out board. Thanks 73makocenter

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2001 225 ox66 wiring diagram

dont know.
whats the problem?
not but so many wires and failure is rare.

73makocenter

Cadet

This is in reguard to that 2001 Yamaha 225 ox66 with intermittent starting issues.(starts first time every time). Once underway for a while, if you shut off motor, it will turn over but will not start 20 minutes later (no less) it then fires up... You have been kind enough to help me with this issue before. The major problem with trouble shooting this, is we can't ever get this problem to occur where we can get to every thing to check it out. It only happens on the water. While on trailer yesterday we did (as you suggested) and were able to determine we have good fuel pressure and hear a distinct buzz from pump, lasts maybe 15-20 seconds. I'm not sure if pump buzz occurs when engine does not want to start, it's hard to hear it on the water. I guess my neighbor a airline machanic was hoping to find what else from the wiring from the pump may cause it to only work some of the time.I am quite sure engine starts every time when you hear pump working, at least it will on trailer. Every time the pump is audible she starts right up. Once again thank you for all your help, I sure hope to pinpoint this aggravating problem. 73makocenter

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wireing diagram is worthless without an undustanding of how it works and why.
at key on the pump should run about 5 seconds, at crank the pump is grounded by the ECU,when running below 1200 pump grounds by the ECU via a resistor,above 1200 pump ground is striaght to the ecu.